Hey, we’re glad you’re here.
To make the most of your visits, please read and observe the guidelines and other info below.
First, remember that our pages here are public, which means that anyone can see your posts and your posts may even show up in search-engine results. So . . .
- Do be security-aware: avoid posting personal, identifying, or confidential information.
- Do remember you are responsible for your comments, your username, and any information provided.
- Do submit your own original content; avoid posting someone else's copyrighted work unless you have permission.
- Do stay on topic, use common courtesy, and be respectful of others.
- Don’t be a troll. If your comments are malicious and not fit for civil conversation, we’ll delete them.
- Don’t “bump” (i.e., post comments that repeat existing issues to bring them to the top of the wall).
- Don’t spam us; don’t phish us. If a comment is selling a product or service or links to another website for personal, political, or monetary gain, we're going to remove it.
Disclaimer (Stuff Our Lawyers Make Us Say)
Because anyone can participate here, we can’t be responsible for views expressed other than our own. We try to monitor these pages, and we make every effort to respond in a timely manner; however, we can't guarantee that we'll reply to every comment.
If you believe in good faith that materials available on our site infringe upon your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a formal notice requesting us to remove the material or block access to it. On the other hand, if you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act permits you to send us a counter-notice. Details on notices and counter-notices are available here and on the Copyright Office site
Links to 3rd-party websites, advertisers, services, special offers, or other events or activities that are not owned or controlled by us do not mean that we endorse or assume any responsibility for any such third-party sites, information, materials, products, or services. If you access any third party website, service, or content from this site, you do so at your own risk.
We reserve the right to ban any user without prior written notice or consent for violations of our guidelines and policies. Any comment posted which we deem to be criminal in nature, or instigates or implies violence toward oneself or another may be reported to the proper authorities.
Because we’re trying to promote the exchange of ideas, we may use or share with others the comments you make. You grant us and our users a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, store, display, reproduce, repost, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute your content. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict our other legal rights, for example under other licenses.
We reserve the right to change these guidelines and policies at any time.